Tippecanoe Battlefield Timeline
|November 7, 1811||Battle of Tippecanoe|
|November 7, 1836||John Tipton, Battle of Tippecanoe veteran, deeded the 16 acre battlefield to Indiana.|
|1850||Refreshment stand for battlefield visitors constructed.|
|1851||Indiana Constitutional Convention made provisions for the preservation of the battlefield.|
Refreshment stand remodeled into a school house.
Battle Ground Collegiate Institute opened.
|1858||The town of Battle Ground platted.|
|1862||Administration Building for the Battle Ground Collegiate Institute constructed.|
|1873||Iron fence erected around the battlefield.|
|1882||Battle Ground Collegiate Institute closed.|
|1887||Iron fence painted and repaired.|
|1892||Tippecanoe Monument Association formed.|
|November 7, 1908||Monument dedicated.|
|November 7, 1911||Re-enactment of the Battle of Tippecanoe|
|1927||The Administrative Building for the Battle Ground Collegiate expanded and converted into the Hotel Marshall for the Methodist Church Camp.|
|1959||The tabernacle is dismantled.|
|1961||Sesquicentennial Celebration of the Battle of Tippecanoe|
|1962||Retreat Center constructed.
The Hotel Marshall renovated, the Lounge added.
|1963||Tippecanoe Battlefield designated a National Historic Landmark.|
|1971||The Methodist Church Camp closed.
A group of concerned residents form the Battle Ground Historical Corporation.
The Hotel Marshall converted into a museum.
|1972||The Indiana General Assembly enacted legislation turning over the Battlefield Monument to the Tippecanoe County Park Board.|
|1990||The Battle Ground Historical Corporation merged with the Tippecanoe County Historical Association (TCHA).|
|1995||TCHA remodeled and revamped the museum and the exhibits.|
|2008||Centenial of the Dedication of the Monument|